I use this strob recently, but it is a strobe, so it does not take long to understand all these features.
What is so special that you like most and least?
The +: - POWAAAAAAAA. Really big power, I had a lightmaXX 750 watts before and it really feels the difference! To give an idea of the public I had the right to a "nan but seriously, what's the point, if you can even watch it?" Good at the same time I use it in an apartment or in small rooms, it would be more suitable for large rooms or outside.
- The music mode: It's always nice to have a musical mode and is effective (flash on the beat).
- The shield. Like the contest and the STB 520 SuperFlash in Starway, the strobe is capable of a shield (max 3 seconds) that is a continuous flash to create a dazzling effect.
- The DMX: I use the same console with my lightmaXX and this time I have no bug (CF test lightmaXX) nothing to say it works well with these two channels and a special position for the shield.
- Design: It's personal but I prefer this design than the new strobe type geni FLD 1800. This is the same chassis as the contest and starway in fact just this is the same but different brand strobe.
The -: - The size: It's true that commands respect but is rather cumbersome, but the weight is correct (5.6 kg)
- Little regret on the shield, we could enjoy a fading (dimming, the effect was more fun aurra)
- Too bad you can not switch between DMX and music from the console with a system blackout of DMX or I do not know what, so that one must touch the dip whenever you want to change mode. It is a shame.
- He seems to heat faster. Example, after a shield of no more than a second, we see the limits of the red heat lamp.
- Dips switch had not seem to be strong in all events but correct.
pity for those who would use that automatically there is no knob (brightness and speed) rather than the settings on the dips
Have you tried many other models before buying it?
I had a 75 watt strobe my first home HQ power: can
I had a strobe 750 watts of my second chaz lightmaXX: good but lacks a little power and no functionality (armor, musical)
The one is a model really complete and very powerful
How would you rate the quality / price?
Fairly and with respect to what can be found in this range we are in what is done best with the contest starway and I think in terms of functionality. In terms of reliability, but we must see the finish seems.
But it's still expensive for large flash ...
With experience, you do again this choice?
Yes, no problem and I recommend it to everyone instead of taking a through 750 watts, skip it, you'll be relieved. After the higher models (atomic 3000) are much more expensive.