[Musikmesse] New Drawmer 1978 compressor
Drawmer will introduce in Frankfurt this month a new stereo FET compressor with sidechain capability, called 1978.
Drawmer debuted the 70 series last year at Musikmesse with the 1973 multiband compressor. They will introduce at the show the 1978, a stereo FET version equipped with a switch that offers four different compression characters, a saturation control to add harmonic distortion to the signal and a sidechain section with high-pass and low-pass filters and a wet/dry mix control.
- Continuously variable attack between 0.2 ms and 100 ms
- Continuously variable release between 0.5 and 3.25 s
- Continuously variable ratio between 1:1 and 10:1
- Continuously variable threshold between +20 dB and -40 dB
- HIgh-pass and low-pass filters with adjustable frequencies
- 4-position Character switch
- Variable saturation control
- Sidechain insert points on each channel with 2-band EQ
- 2 bicolor VU-meters to monitor the amount of saturation
- XLR inputs and outputs
- Relays on the outputs
- Internal power supply with voltage select switch
- 19” 1U rack format
The 1978 Stereo FET Compressor is manufactured in the UK. No information regarding the price of release date. Details will soon be online at www.drawmer.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- A stereo edition of the Radial JDI Radial Engineering announces the availability of the stereo version of its JDI passive direct box.
- [Musikmesse] Rack your SPL Phonitor 2 Last new product that SPL will introduce at Musikmesse in Frankfurt, the Expansion Rack will transform your Phonitor 2 into a monitoring controller.
- [Musikmesse] SPL Iron compressor announced Along with the Creon monitoring controller, SPL will unveil at Musikmesse this month a new bus and mastering 2-channel compressor called Iron.