It is processed, the generation of harmonics, eight channels, analogue to lamps.
8 inputs and outputs TRS 1/4 ".
This is a 19 "/ 1U.
See Opinion of the Cortoni Charisma 2:
"The setup is simple, a detailed manual (English and German) very clear and illustrated by examples.
There are three potentiometers, two diodes and a push button by:
- The push button is used to enable / bypass the track. (Note that even though Charisma is off track passes the bypassed signal)
- The DRIVE control adjusts the input level of the sound that attacks the lamps, it is mainly the amount of dose that effect, the limiter threshold is fixed.
- The potentiometer CHARISMA course the originality of the machine. I would say it is similar to a compressor Knee: hard position (fully clockwise), the sound is not distorted as it has not reached the threshold. Soft position (left), saturation lamps is heard gradually while the input level approaches the threshold.
- PROCESS LED indicates that the Charisma acts on the input signal. It shines more or less depending on the amount of distortion introduced by the lamps.
- The LED MAX PROCESS complete the diode, it lights when the maximum effect is reached.
- The OUTPUT controls the output level.
Overall it is very intuitive and goes critical. A small boring detail, however, is the absence of a link: you have to copy the same setting on both channels for use in stereo when you have a specific idea in mind it may interfere with ... "
Otherwise, I do that for nine small crack generated by the Bypass buttons when they are active or disabled.
The treatments are fantastic, you can go to the gentile compression to limiting saturated fat. And with a range of harmonics that can either make the sound softer and creamier saturation, or reinforce it. Short three button, can be relatively large. Any type of sources suit him. Drums, bass, vocals and synths on the list.
I know Charisma (2 and 8) not far from 6 or 7 years. I bought mine yesterday, because 8 is no longer manufactured and therefore not necessarily easy to find.
I know nothing comparable, it is very unusual and unique.
I love the simplicity and efficiency of the whole.
What I like least, exit the small crack Bypass is that it is no longer manufactured in version 8, so if I loose, it will cost me dearly in Charisma 2. For now I could hardly do without.
Or the price I bought it, it's just one of the best deals I've done in recent years.
I think it is almost indispensable for analog config.
I think I would be ready to buy a second later. If I find one ...