An LA-2A clone from Chile
Chilean Stam Audio Engineering is now accepting pre-orders for their replica of the legendary Teletronix LA-2A compressor, called SA-2A.
The Stam SA-2A is a faithful recreation of the famous dynamic processor from Teletronix, Stam used the 1968 original schematics to design its model.
- Drip Electronics T4B optical attenuator system
- Custom Cinemag input and output transformers
- 12AX7 (2), 12BH7 and 6AQ5 NOS Tubes
- Completely discrete signal path
- 10 milliseconds attack time
- 0.06 seconds for 50% release; 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release
- 0 to 35dB of gain
- Compressor and Limiter mode
- Less than 0.5% THD
- XLR and TRS inputs
- XLR and TRS outputs
- Voltage switch selector (110V or 220V)
- Final assembly by hand in Chile
- 1 year warranty
Final price will be $990 but you can pre-order the SA-2A now and get a $200 discount (don’t forget to add the VAT of your country). Send an e-mail to email@example.com with your name, country and shipping address. The first units will start shipping within 12 weeks. More info at stamaudio.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Looptrotter upgrades its Satur-8 Looptrotter will launch in April an upgraded version of its Satur-8 summing mixer and saturator that will support up to 24 inputs.
- Sound Devices 688 portable recorder Sound Devices introduces the latest generation of portable mixers and recorders, the 688 with 12 input mixer and 16 track recorder.
- The UAD Software in v8.0 Universal Audio had announced it at NAMM, its UAD Software is now available in version 8.0 with the famous Apollo Expanded and Console 2.0.