Waves MaxxBCL
Furykane Furykane

«  Simple and funky »

Publié le 08/30/10 à 15:10
Case:

The quality of workmanship is impeccable. The knobs are metal. Rack handles and handy design.
Calculation in double precision 48 bit, depending IDR (digital anti-aliasing), 125dB dynamic range ... The top of the digital hardware.
Analog input calibration and faithful converters.

It's very simple. 4 presets storable.
Automatic release.

The compressor: it allows, with a short attack time to return stronger in maximizing the section.
This is the most transparent compressor digital I've ever heard (I own Sonnox, tc and SSL plugin). It can be used before or after (via a button) the max bass. He finds her after the utility max bass to avoid overflow.
The max bass: this doubles the sensation of bass. For me than the UAD precision hz which I can not find a comparable setting. On BCl, the effect is "body" with the original and it does not bleed unlike plug-in.
The limiter: Compared to version soft waves of L2 native, I can get even lower without digital distortion.

In the studio, he excels in converter / limiter after an analog mixer.
Mastering it will make a good sound mix very quickly, to pre listen.
(I put in on my master mixes with a spl Qure to give me an idea of the final mastering).

It is used to relieve the CPU.

On a bad mix, with extreme settings, it will quickly become the boiled (but that's not the fault of the camera!).

Live is the top. I saw that the engineer was using Metallica, AC means everything.