< Tous les avis AKG K 271 Studio
AKG K 271 Studio

Studio headphone from AKG belonging to the K 271 series

Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Published on 12/30/10 at 00:32
I've been using it for over two years. I also have Sennheiser HD477 and HD215. I chose these headphones after listening to them one hour at the store. Pros: comfortable (also during long runs), even though I think there are more comfortable ones. It's a closed model but the sound comes through pretty loud. The cable is quite long. I had a problem with the 1/4" connector very quickly and I had to replace it. Sound: present lows but not overemphasized. The mids are a bit "masked," perhaps it lacks transients in this frequency range. The high-frequency response is beautiful, with a lot of air. The highs are not too present, just well balanced. I get more highs from my monitor speakers (Resolv 65A). The stereo imaging is very clear: you can clearly hear where all instruments are placed. Very good to manage a reverb effect. Very nice sound deepness. The main advantage of these headphones is that you can hear almost the same as what you hear with speakers. The price is rather high, but the product is worth it. Generally, if you want high-quality gear, you must also pay a higher price. I would buy them again, even though there are many other valuable products on the market!

[edit 04/19/2010]
The low-mids are nice and allow me to make better mixes than my speakers. I use them more and more for mixing and "mastering." It's not the best solution but it's better than with my Resolv monitors...

Originally written by Deserteurs on Audiofanzine FR.