< Tous les avis AKG K 271 MK II
AKG K 271 MK II

Studio headphone from AKG belonging to the K 271 series

Guillaume1979 Guillaume1979
Published on 03/29/10 at 05:33
I just got this headphone.
Overall there is nothing wrong but I find the low / medium low too withdrawn or conversely a high mid-range/tweeter too far.
If we compare what has been low in this headset to most headphones general public and most of the general public as sound, there is one which reach far enough that people really home. I do not know whether this choice of "perfect" (I have my doubts) flatness bandwidth is appropriate to the views of current monitoring systems are equipped with more general set of sub 10db louder than the satellites accompany (?)

If the monitoring are generally two lanes is because the public usually has 2-way speaker.
If you listen to a mix with headphones ipod or walkman type headphones koss PortaPro there are 3 times more bass ... Although there is less loyalty and dynamic, but 3 times more low anyway for the general public ... is it reasonable to mix on a headphone that lacks low or rather the cash so we put in 3 times more than normal for a mix?

I think a good monitoring system should take into account the listening public and to establish, in addition to its intrinsic qualities (bandwidth, dynamic, spatial ...) consistency with the monitoring systems of large public.

Apart from the philosophical questions that make me ask this headphone, it deserves a good rating because the rest is flawless.
Now I listened to some records that I love the heat and this headphone does not make it ... it bothers me a bit.
I hope this is also a history of running. I'm going to swing with a good CD Heavy alternated a good mix of electro and see what happens after.

I add this little comment one week after purchasing these headphones. The running is starting to bring results. Low more open and warm (soft) and acute, less scintillating ... the process of softening of the membrane appears to act. I completed with a mix for a corporate video (Voice-over, background music and small FX ..) It's ok! just 2 minor errors when I checked on my monitor and headphones wider audience (Koss): Boost 125Hz and exaggerated the cancellation of 200 Hz over exaggerated voice. Otherwise balance Voice / Music / Fx and general compression perfect! I will remain vigilant balance when the equalization of a mix with this headset but I think it may be very suitable for the volume and balance control of dynamics.