New Sennheiser HD-26 monitoring headphones
Sennheiser unveiled at IBC 2013 its new generation of headphones for broadcast and studio applications, including the HD-26 Pro.
All the headphones in this new 26-II Series are equipped with a cable which features three or four coils in order to reduce noise interference.
The headphones design was also changed with a wider 20° opening angle of the headband compared to the previous generation. The two-part headband can also be "unified" using the included foam.
For earing protection, all the 26-II headphones feature a switchable ActiveGard system that will prevent from ear damage when peaks above 105dB occur.
The HD 26 Pro, the only studio monitoring model of the series, will replace the very popular HD 25 and present the following features:
- Closed-back dynamic supra-aural headphones
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 18kHz
- Impedance: 100 Ohms
- Max sound pressure level: 128dB SPL (1 kHz / 200mW)
- THD < 0.5% (@ 1 kHz)
- 1.5 removable cable with 1/8" to 1/4" screw adapter
- Replaceable ear foams
- Weight: 180g (without cable)
No information regarding the price and availability of these new headphones which details are online on en-de.sennheiser.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Win customized Custom One Pro headphones BeyerDynamic launched a Custom Pro One design contest and gives three AFanziners the opportunity to win these headphones.
- Focal Spirit Professional studio headphones French manufacturer Focal will launch in september the Professional version of their Spirit studio headphones.
- Headphone project for autistic adults Diamond Ho is introducing a new project that could improve the everyday life of autistic adults and their adaptation to noisy environments.