Sennheiser unveiled at IBC 2013 its new generation of headphones for broadcast and studio applications, including the HD-26 Pro.
All the headphones in this new 26-II Series are equipped with a cable which features three or four coils in order to reduce noise interference.
The headphones design was also changed with a wider 20° opening angle of the headband compared to the previous generation. The two-part headband can also be "unified" using the included foam.
For earing protection, all the 26-II headphones feature a switchable ActiveGard system that will prevent from ear damage when peaks above 105dB occur.
The HD 26 Pro, the only studio monitoring model of the series, will replace the very popular HD 25 and present the following features:
- Closed-back dynamic supra-aural headphones
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 18kHz
- Impedance: 100 Ohms
- Max sound pressure level: 128dB SPL (1 kHz / 200mW)
- THD < 0.5% (@ 1 kHz)
- 1.5 removable cable with 1/8" to 1/4" screw adapter
- Replaceable ear foams
- Weight: 180g (without cable)
No information regarding the price and availability of these new headphones which details are online on en-de.sennheiser.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] Avantone Pro MixPhone MP1 Avantone Pro presents a "Vari-Voice" designed to adapt to all situations, either in the studio, live, for DJing or for audiophiles.
- [MUSIKMESSE] AKG K872 AKG presents the K872 headphone, a new model which claims to bring unprecedented accuracy for studio production and live sound engineering.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Rupert Neve Designs RNHP Rupert Neve Designs has introduced the RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier.