[Musikmesse] Arturia Origin Updates
Arturia has announced at Musikmesse two major updates to be released this year. Both of these upgrades will be free.
Version 1.1, to be released in June 2009, includes:
- New B3 ToneWheel Oscillator:
o Combined with the Leslie Effect, the ToneWheel allows the addition of famous vintage organ sounds, opening Origin to this sonic universe.
o In conjunction with other Origin modules and effects, the B3 ToneWheel is a great oscillator adding new sound design possibilities to explore.
- New Leslie Effect: The Leslie can be used on the ToneWheel to give the classic Hammond organ sound, but it is also very interesting in other contexts, notably when used on an audio input (such as a guitar).
- New CS-80 envelope: This envelope is modelled after the particular envelope set on the filter of the CS-80.
- New Effects: Bit Crusher, Compressor, Equalizer, Ring Mod, Parametric EQ.
- New Midi possibilities:
o Origin to be used as a MIDI controller
o Origin to be automated via Sysex.
- Sequencer improvements
o Better GUI
o New performance mode.
- Keyboard Module improvements.
- GUI Improvements: Parameter values are now fully displayed.
Version 1.5, to be released in Q4 2009 is to be precised but will include:
These upgrades will be free for all Origin customers.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] JoMoX MBase 11 The MBase11 generates analog bass drums, from extremely powerful to soft and covers the whole range from 909-style to 808-fashioned, according to JoMoX.
- [Musikmesse] Memotron Rack Manikin Electronics, the manufacturer of the Memotron, has presented a digital remake of one of the highly unusual (b]mellotron instrument[/b].
- [Musikmesse] Akai Miniak Akai has introduced its new Miniak virtual analog synth at Musikmesse.