Clavia Nord Rack 2
Clavia Nord Rack 2
ddn ddn
Published on 11/17/08 at 05:57
Look at the picture showing the bike and everything there is to know is there ... Except that it is steel, the knobs are indestructible (on mine that I bought used, so it was triturated the knobs for cutoff and reso that the paint is removed, but the knob itself not half a micron of game .. amazing!) and that food is a good old cable and not through a transformer. Class.

How many sounds, eh. As there are in your imagination, banana.

Special mention for the four trips via sound the same midi channel: it's the pads with a depth and complexity bluffing.

Configuration identical to a synthetic analog front all except some backup functions, MIDI, etc.. Simple and complex finger in the ear, a treat. Class, I tell you.

There is no built-in effects. Big deal. There is no on full of analos three times more expensive ... And frankly if he takes a little guts, he did not really need - it's a little hospital that could care less about the love that I have written since I do not use a sound add three delays without him ... Ah, if it has a kind of built-in effects: a button labeled "distortion" that I never use (the same kind as the effect of the same name on the MS2000, something loud and digital), and a button marked "unison" I often use (the same type as the chorus of the Juno II 106).

The sounds are really big right away, and BIG BOLD. We can blame this synth a certain lack of finesse but with a little time to tame it, he can do a very nice atmosphere too. And with the gain knob, you can do a little silence watts. Of course it's easier to do with low Teutonic Rammsteiniennes as the airy no less Teutonic way Tangerine Dream, but it's all about patience.

Imagine a Feurari be purchased (or almost the same color). You can not ask him to drive for you, you have to adapt and roll in 2nd and 80 at the time not to stall ...

I use it very intensively for several weeks and I repeat, this is the class. It has its place next to my MS2000 and it does not replace more than he analos I sold, but it has its own personality and it does not take place.

I had, I, I tested, etc.. lots of synths and if not a more analog than other VA is a real box with any ideas at hand.

Considering the price it is trading right now, it's really a great value for what is to repeat the choice ... we'll talk about next year

Edit of 14/01/2010: it's been over a year I have and I always love it as much, and I always use it as ...