Novation Supernova IIR
Novation Supernova IIR
FP User FP User
Publié le 10/31/08 à 16:00
I can't think of anything that's missing. Lots of features, 3 oscillators, 2 LFO's, lots of parameters, lots of realtime tweakable knobs (±30), lots of FX onboard with nearly all possible parameters, 512 (changeable) sound presets and 512 empty user sound storage, ... I dare to say this a hundred percent complete machine. And if I have to say one bad thing about it: the presets are very bad - only a few exceptions.

Price paid

$ 2.100

This is a great piece of gear, but it has a learning curve. I mean it's hard to start working with it, but once you know and understand the key features, it's a very easy and lovely machine. The manual is not that good. The first time you read it, it's hard to understand - a thing I usually don't have with new gear. Could be better; maybe for the Supernova III ?! And I prefer - but that's a personal opinion - sliders instead of knobs, especially for filter features and so...

Sound quality is very good to excellent. I like it. Maybe not thé &quot;real analog&quot; sound, but still very close. Excellent for bass sounds, trance leads, dirty organs, in fact any kind of analog-type sounds. Less (but still very good) for strings/pads/sweeps. Focused on dance-music (especially trance/progressive). FX: all kind of FX (the classic reverb / delay / chorus/flanger/phaser types - as well as distortion / pan / tremolo / EQ fx) stored by sound preset, with lots of features - but a minor point is the FX quality: especially the reverb FX could be much better

This is a robust 2U rack, with only minor point that sometimes the knobs intend to come loose. I once contacted customer support via e-mail, and I received an answer from Novation (also by e-mail) within 24 hrs.

I really can't think of anything that's missing (as I said above). This is a very complete and lovely machine with a great (virtual) analog sound. Already a classic machine !! Also used by: ATB, Jamiroquai, Orbital, A Guy Called Gerald, and many many more...

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: Unknown ( 4-, 2002)