Pioneer CDJ-800
+
Pioneer CDJ-800

CDJ-800, Tabletop DJ player from Pioneer in the CDJ series.

  • Increase or decrease font size
  • Print
  • RSS

All user reviews of 5/5 for the Pioneer CDJ-800

  • Like
  • Tweet
  • Submit
Average Score:4.7( 4.7/5 based on 27 reviews )
 19 reviews70 %
 4 reviews15 %
 1 user review4 %
Value For Money : Excellent
Audiofanzine FR12/30/2010

Audiofanzine FR's review

Pioneer CDJ-800
I used the CDJ800 for six months. It's an excellent deck!!
I like the auto-loop function.
The +10/+100 pitch setting allows you to create amazing mixes and is very reliable. Very convenient to make long mixes.
The master tempo function is very powerful when you increase the tempo. It doesn't sound so good when you decrease the tempo (the sound starts getting metallic already with only 5%). When I mix a track and decrease the tempo by 5% or more, I turn off the master tempo.

The pitch is very reliable but not very precise in +/-100% mode. I generally sync the track as precisely as possible, then I fine tune the other deck (CDJ1000).
Finally, the CDJ800 is an excellent deck, but I'm happy to also have a CDJ1000 to fine tune the track sync. I don't thing that having two CDJ800 is the best solution because of the inconvenience with pitch.

Originally written by zmo1000 on Audiofanzine Fr.
MGR/The Pioneer CDJ-800, for real precision!02/15/2004

MGR/The Pioneer CDJ-800, for real precision!'s review"Pioneer CDJ-800"

Pioneer CDJ-800
I purchased the unit from a local music store (Steve's Music) in Ottawa, Canada for 879.00$ CDN +Tax.



First off... The price of the original Pioneer CDJ-1000 CD Player is way more expensive than what most DJ's are willing to pay for a product of this nature. This is the ultimate alternative.

The Pioneer CDJ-800 gives you almost all the features of its big brother (the Pioneer CDJ-1000) at a fraction of the cost. It also gives you a few new features not found on their other units.

Here are some of the highlights:

- The automatic measured looping buttons are a very effective way to create the perfect loops as long as the bpm is properly calculated with the bpm counter.

- The digital output actually allows you to use the pitch control (unlike the CDJ-1000 that sets the pitch to 0 in digital mode).

- The new "Quick Return" feature lets you set a specific cue point and automatically brings it back to that initial point everytime you start scratching (a very useful feature for the trickster in you).

- The "Master Tempo" is not laggy like it's competition. Pioneer definately sports the tightest algorithm out there. I've tested almost every brand available and this one really shines in that aspect!

- The one touch reverse button lets you create amazing tricks and helps you decode songs with controversial backwards vocals.

- It reads all formats of cds I tried (up to 24x burns) unlike the Pioneer CDJ-3000 dual unit which gets real picky, stops, and gives error messages. They seem to have fixed that bug quite well.



Here are some of the very few things I disagree with:

- CD Text is not supported with this unit.

- The only pitch control ranges available are:
(+/-10%) & (+/-100%) It's a shame they didnt include (+/-6%) & (+/-16%).

- A tap button should have been installed to correct any wrong bpm count.

The construction of the unit is perfect in every way. The look, the buttons, the feel, the layout, the size (which is more compact than the CDJ-1000). Even the smell of it is appealing (as it gets pulled out of the box for the 1st time). It's surprisingly lightweight and it really looks like it's built to last. It's an all round sexy machine!!!


So if you are looking for a good solid and precise cd player, accept no imitations. The Pioneer CDJ-800 is the piece of gear for you!

I've been DJ'ing for 12 years and I've worked with almost every piece of gear out there, this is by far my best purchase.

Try one out at your local dealer and see for yourself, you won't be dissapointed.

Cheers!

Jamie Cronk
"DJ Jamie C."


This review was originally published on http://www.musicgearreview.com
paranoiakartist06/20/2010

paranoiakartist's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)

Pioneer CDJ-800
hello,
I use them for 1 week

I already tried the CDJ-400 and I started with CDJ-100S

I like most is that the jog, the loops (auto or manual), ease of set everything falls under the hands is very very fast ... and simpas

I did not find at least for now ... can not be the mp3 playback but as I had CDJ-100S CD I have no mp3 ...

pretty good value for money as found nine Used prices start in the ... 700euro mine have cost 750 euro per pair with two Flyght box ... So rappot money very interresant although AC is therefore an investment for some ...

I put a score of 10 because everything I like ... they are very deadly and hérgonomiques effectiveness ... so impressive ...

big favorite ...
damonedash12/04/2009

damonedash's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)

Pioneer CDJ-800
I bought them used and frankly his kills. I never touched the CD decks, I always stay on turntables (yes y'en still lol), and after testing cdj 1000, a week after I bought some cdj 800 on leboncoin. I wanted cdj 800 mk2, but hey it's really good stuff. For now no problem, as is the OCCAZ I hope I shall not.

In any case, the next will be new and will always PIONEER. anyway when you go to box, you see most often and stuff PIONEER TECHNICS.

To buy the closed eyes, at least not too much because the price is quite high anyway.

VeZoul01/24/2007

VeZoul's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)

Pioneer CDJ-800
It's been two and a half years that I use a pair of these two marvels beyond a shadow of a problem.
I find them excellent for use as I do (ie evening between friends and personal pleasure).
Regarding the fact that it does not gre MP3, little interest being given to me that I would use it. I use rarely VINYL mode, but the little that I use, I have no problem under control. The handling is fast enough. I recently tested the CDJ 800 MK2 (her replacement) ... I stay on the MK1, MK2 Jog seems the hardest, and the MP3 function is, for me, unnecessary.
The CDJ 800 plates are excellent, and I would do without hsiter this choice, if I do it again.
tony on-line09/24/2006

tony on-line's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)

Pioneer CDJ-800
Hello,
> I use the CDJ since eures + years. They are present ds ttes my sheets (versions to choose from the following budgets: CDJ1000 or 800).

> CD robust and reliable in the functions requested. The little sister of their envious CDJ1000 nothing. Ideal for mixing in excellent conditions, they offer all the guarantees if vs want to stay in budget - expensive than the 1000.

For those who mix across our small planet like me, this is a reference that is found in almost all providers.

> Since the advent of CD players-flat, I used the Pioneer. Not that I'm an aficionado of the brand, but by early next + "platinum reference" ds heads available data sheets.

> Good value for money, (quite rare pioneer !!!). This explains my final grade + high compared to the CDJ1000.

> Why change? Maybe for testing products from the competition. Always be his own opinion.
Francoisval09/21/2006

Francoisval's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)

Pioneer CDJ-800
IT'S PRACTICE PLATES ARE REALLY AWESOME BEAUTIFUL BUT do not read the MP 3
BUT NOW THERE IS THE MK2!
Is the bomb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
david grillat09/03/2006

david grillat's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)

Pioneer CDJ-800
Test http://www.davidgrillat.com heading "matod dj"!
bootkut08/16/2006

bootkut's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)

Pioneer CDJ-800
-1 - A very short time
-2 - +, Ergonomics, and the - game in the tray
-3 - No, but when you see CDJ1000 in all clubs, we can say that their little sisters are equivalent reliability
-4 - Q / p ok
-5-yes
PS: With the heat wave, they (2) made me bugs on backspins very violent so be sure to stick to a fan and get them out of their flys.
zmo100007/19/2006

zmo1000's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)

Pioneer CDJ-800
I used the CDJ800 for 6 months, excellent plate!
the buckles are really good when trs if we mix it all because they are unfortunately not perfect.
The pitch 10 / 100 allows you to make mind-blowing mixes and remains stable all the time, trs well to make long mix, and with the master tempo mix of songs you can pitch well without the shrill voices.
However, the master tempo is trs acclre performance when the song, but if you idle, the sound quickly becomes electronic (-5% means it gets dja mtallique). When I mix a song and as I slowed down -5% or more, I cut the master tempo.

As for the pitch, it is super stable, but not when prcis trs is -100 +%. Gnralement I hold the piece also prcisement as possible, then I refine the rglage with the other platinum (CDJ1000). I prfr that the pitch is less mportant (30 or 40%), or as the race of the cursor is more important.
Finally, the CDJ800 is a great deck, but I'm happy to have a CDJ1000 CDJ1000 avec.La can refine the timing of the pieces, and I do not think that having to mix 2 CDJ800 is the best choice, because of the difficulty of the pieces with the stalling pitch + -100%