Stagg TAB-2
Stagg TAB-2
Publié le 03/16/10 à 18:41
The Stagg Tab 2 1/2 Size Tambourine with 16 cymbals is a simple percussion instrument, which I own and have used for both live shows and recording. I'm not a drummer, but I do often play different percussion instruments on my own recordings and on people who I produce as well. So while I'm not the best tambourine player, I do have a good amount of experience playing them. This one is made out of plastic, and has a handle on it which makes it easy to hold and in general easy to play. While it is nice to have a few tambourines around, as they can have pretty differing sounds, the sound of this Stagg tambourine is pretty much your standard tambourine type of sound. It is bright sounding and cuts through a mix very well. It doesn't have a 'drum' sound like a lot of older tambourines do, as it doesn't have a head on it at all. When searching for a tambourine, it makes sense to be able to identify the different styles and types of tambourines, so you know what is out there and what kind you might want. For recording, I use a Shure SM57 or a Sennheiser MD421 for picking up the sound from the Stagg Tab 2, and I feel I can get a sound that is just what I'm going for. I love having this tambourine not only for the sound, but mainly because it is half size and easy to play. Other tambourines are harder to grasp and grip, while the Stagg Tab 2 fits perfectly in my hand without any problems. Another major consideration in my quest for a tambourine of course came with the price, and the Stagg Tab 2 was one of the cheapest I could find. While the tambourines made by LP are definitely better sounding and should be had for percussionists and those who play it often, the Stagg Tab 2 is the perfect option for those who want a tambourine but don't want to spend much money at all...