or
Create an account

or

Thread A little about me.

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 A little about me.
My name is Sharkretary and I am fairly new at Home Recording. I will be reading info, and sometimes asking questions.

I just purchased a Lexicon Omega Desktop Recording Studio, that came with Cubase LE. I also purchased a pair of M-Audio DX4 monitors. I am now in the learning process of Digital Recording.

I also have a Tascam 688 Studio that I can use fairly well. I like it, although I have had several people suggest I sell it. I don't see that happening.

Everything I do instrumentaly has been self taught, so I am in need of some proper instruction.

I own several instruments, even those that I only dabble on. But I love music, and have been known to play on anything that makes sound.

I write lyrics and compose. I am now working on arranging. I play piano somewhat, and sing. My love is the guitar, and I am looking towards reaping the benefits of PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!! Those being the famous words of all geetarmeisters!!

There is something special about the guitar, the lead in paticular, and the wonderful sounds some people can create on it. With the skill of there hands, and the passion of their heart and soul, they can make absolutely heart grabbing music, music that sings to my soul and is an experience like no other. Why it affects me this way, I do not know. It just does. okay, I am babbling now. have a good music day!!

%1$s a écrit I am in need of some proper instruction.

Why? Do you not feel that you are instructing yourself properly? I'm pretty much self taught, my problem is, i can't dicipline myself.

I payed a good friend of mine $500.00 to give me lessons. I figured if i had a vested interest, that it would make a difference. Nope, i'm still on lesson two and that was almost 2 years ago LOL. I know exactly what i need to do, everything he was teaching me i already knew.

If you feel you need some tips, and if i can help, I'll be happy to see if i can help.

SJ