Create an account

or

Thread using edirol UA -25 and PCR - 1 together

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 using edirol UA -25 and PCR - 1 together
Hey out there...

I'm new to the computer based recording world and I'm starting to learn my way around cubase pretty well. I've used a UA - 25 audio capture by edirol for a few months and got some great results. I then returned to HK to get a midi keyboard/controller. I've always had good luck with all my Roland/Boss/Edirol products so I decided to get the pcr - 1 as I am not really a pianist and it works well in my small "studio."

My problem is that I cannot use the two edirol products (UA - 25 & PCR - 1) together. I can use one at a time with great results so far, but their software cannot be installed at the same time. Everytime I use one, I have to reinstall in order to use the other, etc, etc..... To clarify, the PCR - 1 can only transmit through the USB port having no 5-pin connectors. And even if I get an adapter for the digital in-out so I can transmit to the UA - 25, which I think would be cool, I still can't install the software allowing both to be able to work with my PC at the same time.

I tried the Roland website, but there doesn't seem to be any way to email them for real live human advice.

If anyone has an idea about how to proceed, by all means write.