Create an account

or

Thread virgin music maker,help!

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 virgin music maker,help!
Hi there,
Can anyone help me i need a woman, sorry wrong forum!

I have got a korg x3 and a new pc running windows xp, also ive got cubase se and a usb (um-1x) midi interface.
Ive set everything up as the manuals explain and even though the cubase is running fine, when i press a key on the korg x3 no sound is coming out of the speakers on the computer. What is more annoying is that the
"dial" on the screen on cubase is showing that information is getting through. im new to this game, but i have spent the last 3 days going over everything troubleshooters ect and i need some experiece help to sort it out. Am i missing anything that ineed to record and listen music as i play it?

hope you can help me. confused or is it stupid!
Have you correctly setup a VST instrument to generate some sound ?
Devices\VST instrumnet menu click a slot and select your VST instrument
Once selected makesure its power button is lit
Back in the track view select the inspector for your MIDI track ( eye looking left )
in the out : channel select you VST instrument
Now when you play any midi recorded on that track you should hear your instrument if not try disabling Direct monitoring under Devices \ Device Setup \ VST audio bay
If you want to hear the instrument in real time when you press keys on your X3 make sure the monitor ( little speaker) icon is lit on the MIDI track

Hope this helps as I'm running SE3 and the manuals with that are dire too

Rob