or
Create an account

or

Thread Hey guys...want to get whats in my head into audio...any sugestions??

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Hey guys...want to get whats in my head into audio...any sugestions??
Hi...Im a professional DJ...I started working with music 5 years ago when i was 15...I have worked on nuendo & fl studio...but i can almost never seem to create the sounds i have in my head...infact at times i feel my mistakes sound better than the stuff i conciously try to do...I dont have much of a studio setup yet...i need help gettin a budget studio setup...starting with a GOOD soundcard...any sugestions are welcome....thanks :)
hi

firstly, this forum isnt very active. I still havent had any replies from a week ago ! probably wasting your time.

Secondly - if you know how to use fruity loops and you just want to do lloop based music stuff then its probably best you get a sequencer aswell, say - acid pro or cubase. I use acid but cubase is the best and most popular.

then - its all about synths, i assume your doing dance stuff ?

Fruity loops has a load of built in synths that can be very good when used along with effects etc. All you need to do is spend hours tweaking this and that and youll find what

a: you were looking for
b : something better

once you have found and made the loops you want to use you can either rewire them into cubase or render them as wavs and use them in Acidpro, then sequence your track up, add more effects, breaks etc and your first hit record is nealry ready for the shops .... ish.

the above is the "simple" way to maake dance music. If you post on my www.myspace.com/indus2006 i will send you over some samples to get you started.
what type of things are you wanting to do with your "soundcard"? how many tracks are you wanting to record simultaneously? Mono or stereo tracks? what kind of money are you willing to spend? does quality matter alot?
these are all questions you need to ask yourself before researching a "soundcard". we also need to know the answers to help you out in making a good choice for your upcoming studio.

and yeah sladeyman is right, this forum is almost completely dead.