Create an account

or

Thread Lonely rock musician

• 4 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Lonely rock musician
Hi folks!

Well, I've been around here for a while, but never felt brave enough to introduce myself on here. Still, it's surprising what you'll do on a boring Thursday at work! :)

Anyway, I was in a few rock bands in my late teens, and now ten years on I'm desperately trying to claw my way back into a few bands! I used to sing lead vocals, and now I try to combine that with some guitar, but I've really struggled recently, clocking up 5 failed auditions in one year! :(

So, my latest plan is in setting up a home studio so I can practice my vocals and guitar in the comfort of my home, getting in some much needed practice, hearing and improving upon my faults, and also putting some material on the web so that when Iron Maiden change lead singers again, they'll snap me up straight away! :P

My kit is very basic - a pretty good spec PC, a SB Live soundcard, and a Behringer UB-802 mixer feeding in my mic and Yamaha rock guitar. It sounds pretty good though, and when I've managed to get my head around Cubase SX and get some tracks together I'll be chuffed to bits! :D

Have fun!

Simon
Welcome Simon. Keep woodsheding, and we'll look ofrward to the clips....
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Hey, dude! Good to hear you finally spoke up.

I'm new here myself. This be my first post!

Well, hey, I wanted to ask anyone who's readin' this a question - -

Anybody got an idea where to look for a good KEYBOARDIST discussion page?

I'm desperately seeking a transcript of a Jon Lord organ solo from HIghway Star by Deep Purple......

Thanks, all, and
Take it easy, Simon.

Bryan
BWITHIAM@HOTMAIL.COM

Quote: I'm desperately seeking a transcript of a Jon Lord organ solo from HIghway Star by Deep Purple......

Man- could you play it if you had it??? :lol:

I know I've been working on the guitar part for like 32 years now, and I still can't play it!!!!! :lol:

Anyway, welcome Bryan......
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Simon,
In my last post I called you Brian!
Sorry Man, I was watching TV when I read your post! I gotta quit doing that!.

WN