or

Thread integrated or not

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 integrated or not
hi evereybody

i dj and homeproduce, drum n bass - breakbeat - trip hop - techno style
i played my groovebox303 to the bone and experimented with cubase and a JV2080 before 2000. I'm renovating my house and don't have my "studio" at home until i finish the room first. So now i only use my pc and turntables. The vent of my pc broke down last week so a big ventilator is cooling down my open pc, i need a new mixtable (that groovebox was hard on it), an external soundcard (cause the one now is integrated and so please forgive me), a new pc and an audience °-)
I'm on soulseek a lot and share my songs and mixes.
and its difficult to act serious all the time,
amit,
djflypson :arrow:
Welcome to the board DjFlypson,

Cool having a turntable DJ who likes computer ;)
I think that Roland groovebox Mc303 was a great machine to get into home-studio world : an entry point to understand sequencing and live performances... I had one in 1997 and enjoyed a lot :D It is quite limited after a while, but such a well designed all-in-one tool to start with.

Good luck with your ventilator. I must say that I hate them :x It's always too noisy when you are trying to tune your samples...
thx Redherring, i feel home allready;

that 303 is exactly what you said + it's own groovy bass-sounds and a pioneers-label on it, but yes limited.
And yes that ventialtor makes noise, but i've got a special one of Honeywell, don't ask me why. :rolleyes:

and sorry to ask, but Redherring sounds like a red fish to me, but i'm from belgium and i tend to speak dutch, a rather strange language i guess.

...back to work,
djflypson

Quote:
and sorry to ask, but Redherring sounds like a red fish to me, but i'm from belgium and i tend to speak dutch, a rather strange language i guess.

That's right, it's a fish. :)
It's also the title of an unfamous old techno track that I use to benchmark speakers cause it uses an extra-wide range of frequencies...

see ya