Fender Hot Rodded American Fat Tele

All user reviews for the Fender Hot Rodded American Fat Tele

TLC-Shaped Guitar from Fender belonging to the Telecaster series.

( 5/5 based on 3 reviews )
3 reviews
Audience: Anyone Value For Money : Correct
  • Hot Rodded Telecaster 2001

Fender Hot Rodded American Fat TelePublished on 10/30/20 at 01:37
    I can confirm words from previous reviews. I found it and bought as my first Fender guitar.
    It plays with many tones and humbacker is really impressive. Only one small notice is that the volume and power of humb and single is different. I sometimes incidentally switch between them (playing left hand on right handed guitar) and it makes some boom !

However guitar is universal more than for specific style, it is not vintage but gives wide range of tones in one guitar what is really nice.
  • Fender Fat Tele

Fender Hot Rodded American Fat TelePublished on 02/05/04 at 15:00
    I bought this guitar from a friend a few years back. I had only one other guitar before that, a POS Squier, so I felt the need to buy a decent guitar. Since I was still a beginner, I thought it'd be nice. It was made in '95, and I must say the guitar is superb. The action on the neck is fluid, the 5-way switch can make interesting combinations, and it has a beautiful see-thru red finish.

I had never really liked Telecasters before I bought this one, but now I've converted. The twangy sounds I get from the bridge position single-coil and the fat, beefy sounds emulating from the humbucker are perfect for playing any kind of music. The neck is maple, which I prefer to rosewood. The guitar itself is beautiful.

The only thing I have to complain about is the stock pickups. The sound is great, but the biggest problem is the feedback from the bridge pickup. Other than that, it's just a great, simple (and affordable)guitar.

This Tele was made in Mexico in '95, so the quality isn't up to the USA standards, but for the price the quality is exceptional.

One of the best investments I have ever made.

• Fender American FAT Telecaster

Fender Hot Rodded American Fat TelePublished on 01/21/03 at 15:00
    I picked up this guitar when MARS was going out of business for $700. I had been looking for a Les Paul but after playing the telecaster I change my mind.

Tonal variation and range of tones achievable are incredible. With a humbucker in the neck position and a hot single in the bridge you can achieve a good range of tones. Fender put in a five way switch whith good separation and the basic tone/volume controls are smooth and responsive. Coupled with my Line6 212 this guitar sings. I was extremely pleased with the finnish and workmanship (almost hate to play it ... Almost) its truly a work of art. I hav'nt put it down for at least 3 months now. My poor strat is collecting dust in the corner. The neck is a joy to play and the action is just right for me low but not too low. Truly an interesting instrument and a joy to play. I've always liked the Tele style but it never quite fit the music I play, now with the humbucker I can have it all. Funny thing though after I got used to it I find myself using the bridge pickup more and more. Suites the lower volume playing for enjoyement style better I guess. I hooked it up to my friends Roadmaster and he leaned on the volume and man did that humbucker scream.

I would have prefered a strait case but the Tele came with a molded case witout much room inside. I like to store strings cables and such in the inside compartment like my old fender tweed case for the strat.

The Tele has a Alder body with a three tone sunburst finish. Neck is maple with a skunk stripe and a rosewood fingerboard. Fenders Schaller style tunners top off the headstock. The finish is poly so it should hold up well. Everything works together and there is not one thing I would change except the strings. I replaced the Fenders with a set of Ernie Balls super slinkys (9-42), my preference just feel better to me the Fenders feel stiff or hard?

I love this guitar and would buy another if someone could get me to part with this one. Probably don't have to worry about it being stolen as it s almost never out of my hands.