Fender Hot Rodded American Fat Tele
Fender Hot Rodded American Fat Tele

Hot Rodded American Fat Tele, TLC-Shaped Guitar from Fender in the Telecaster series.

MGR/Van Tran 02/05/2004

Fender Hot Rodded American Fat Tele : MGR/Van Tran's user review

« Fender Fat Tele »

• Partager
I bought this guitar from a friend a few years back. I had only one other guitar before that, a POS Squier, so I felt the need to buy a decent guitar. Since I was still a beginner, I thought it'd be nice. It was made in '95, and I must say the guitar is superb. The action on the neck is fluid, the 5-way switch can make interesting combinations, and it has a beautiful see-thru red finish.

I had never really liked Telecasters before I bought this one, but now I've converted. The twangy sounds I get from the bridge position single-coil and the fat, beefy sounds emulating from the humbucker are perfect for playing any kind of music. The neck is maple, which I prefer to rosewood. The guitar itself is beautiful.

The only thing I have to complain about is the stock pickups. The sound is great, but the biggest problem is the feedback from the bridge pickup. Other than that, it's just a great, simple (and affordable)guitar.

This Tele was made in Mexico in '95, so the quality isn't up to the USA standards, but for the price the quality is exceptional.

One of the best investments I have ever made.