Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster
Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster
frednicol frednicol

«  a telecaster sobering ... »

Published on 11/10/12 at 16:58
I will not detail everything about this model already very well commented below and I agree with almost everything that has been said ... as for me I would add some interesting elements and I speak as an expert.
Stories about the varnish running down the frets are possible, but then it is not luck ... ditto for misalignment of strings ... But I have no problem.
Certainly the very thick paint could hide a few noble wood .. but it remains hypothetical and it's still ash, believe me it sounds good as ash, clarity and resonance of the body.
The type of microphones mounted is excellent ..
the plastic nut is nil string "tilt" in the turns of mechanics.
21 frets, he'll miss a shame .. but we will not cry ..

The handle is nice and a little thinner than a les paul gibson.L access to acute is not thought of as futuristic, strings of 1.4 mm 12th fret in case ie very low level of its action , and no borders. Super ...
A significant problem is the good performance of the agreement after pulling your strings .. it does not matter since you have to replace the nut with a Tusq more slippery (same for bridges)
3 Pontets type "barrel" unhelpful to fine-tune the intonation.

The baja has a wide range of sounds and by its selector button S1 there are 7 different voices.
Fender, the S1 button has the same function on a stratocaster for example it may simply puts a microphone into a microphone type double at the sound color ... Here on the S1 provides telecaster sound colors a little nasal, (as if a wha wha pedal was engaged to set path or if you hear a guitar on the phone). It's cute inspiring and keeps a very grain oldies ..
This guitar sounds very 50 and she has a real authenticity.
Aggressiveness heat gently, for the funk, blues rock .. jazz .. we find happiness.

Regarding the insulation, it is true that stray a little but it is bearable; as a gentleman can always lower the volume, the knob is also used to it.

I may be the lucky fender in Mexico, but I must admit it sounds very well and this baja.
A guitar is a meeting, it is true, but we must also know that some of the same series guitar can sound more or less ..
I have a U.S. deluxe, but this is well worth a baja American is sur.Il just need to pass the course psychological "Made in Mexico ..", it is a vast history linked to Mexican workers do not realize mondialisation.les not fender pasteboard, far away. The classic player series is one of the best Mexican production. So far, I've read somewhere that the quality of fender baja deteriorated after 2007.