Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster
Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster
Le Taz Le Taz

« Suicide Blonde! »

Published on 12/18/12 at 17:01
Handle very special round, with a very slight V and a touch a little narrower than average (just over 41mm at nut). The pickups are supposed to be custom shop, at that price, it would be amazing. 4 position selector switch S + a-1. All combinations may not be interesting depending on the amp. And whatever the amp to the vintage hi-gain, one of the positions you will always get away. 3 vintage bridge saddles, not easy for the correctness, but essential to the sound.

Mechanics do their job, I still up-grader with schaller and fire & stone (yes, I like it so much that I bought two!). Unlike many publicity photos, varnish body is not nearly as translucent, one can distinguish the grain slightly, but it will be difficult to identify the number of pieces of ash body (it is 600 balls, I&#39;m not done no illusions). Sensations are not as finishing a guitar top 1200/1500 euros, but frankly, I have nothing wrong with my Blonde provided. And since you mention: this is the first Tele Blonde accessible to (almost) all, much less expensive than ri52. And look blonde, even if you do not like the look tele, we must recognize that it has the mouth!

So ... the handle will not please everyone, far from it. That said, those who are moving towards Telecaster expect to have a grip vintage, or at least enough away from the spirit Ibanez. However, this small vee not please everyone. Specificity: 41 mm at the nut, against 42/43 in other models of trade, including Fender. There are only offering this Music Man. This gives grip in mind baseball bat sought by Leo.

4 position selector déroutera regulars, but for others, no worries. Only the s-1 switch (phase inversion) leave doubtful. It only makes sense with some very high-gain amps. Access to acute is far from what it does best, but this is the price to pay on a Tele. I noticed a problem systematically knob (with the switch for that matter), which moves in the game, and is therefore not always possible. It will tighten a bit.

For sound, the Telecaster was LE from the grip, even unplugged it twang ...

This guitar is what you can expect better from a Telecaster, with vintage sound but hot-lapped rather supercharged. For rock, it is. But if you type in blues rock, country, well then, it becomes downright nasty! When I fell for this guitar, I was in full freak Brad Paisley (album "Play") and Hellecasters, and this model was what stuck to my best expectations, these sounds rock / blues modern tinged twang to the former. Some U.S. models could perhaps do better? I have not found too biting RI52 (52 by the hotrod against), but it corresponded more to my criteria rather sharp comfort. And then it stuck to my budget.

It has beautiful sound with excellent microphones provided by desperadoes in fender. Change microphone is not mandatory. I tried the Kinman set, and I dropped, Lekit home made better. I turned to a kit Engine Pickups (handmade Valenciennes Dussenne by Jerome, who also produces micro Aymeric Silvert signature) with a VT0 ... the even better: more accurate, balanced, not aggressive ... to tell you, I play micro bridge solo in a Marshall JCM800 with the distortion on edge ... try it with another Telecaster and you will leave your skin! There, he moves into the mix almost like a humbucker, but 100% single coil sounding. The Broadcaster&#39;s vintage ... Even harmonics out with ease. I highly recommend it, especially the micro bridge.

Basically, this interested me for his Tele handle unusual and I envisioned a bunch of upgrades. 2 weeks répéts and a concert later ... I am going to seek a second (more with a clearance, so for a lower price), history of Baja still retain more or less "stock".
I&#39;ve always loved the mouths of Telecasters, never found one that suited me so far. So much so, that I got a guitar one day, who looked (vaguely) a Butterscotch Blonde. In this case a Music Man Axis Sport (first model with pickguard). Since then I have had 5 other of the same model (and kept it from 2), a Music Man EVH, and makes a model maker on this basis. I had a lot of Strat (Fender, Schecter, Music Man Luke II, Blade), a PRS, of Gibson (Les Paul Standard, Gary Moore Signature - the real one, not the BFG) Bacchus, and often of old vintage loan quality (Gibson L Series Strat). But one day I declared that I do not ever buy a guitar over 1,500 euros (the price of my Music Man 10 years ago), saying they had a guitar pro at this rate without fear of do a scratch lowering its value. And there was amazing value for money (to wonder if the guys at Fender did not become crazy).

In this case, the first concert my first Baja, my number one spent 90% of his gig on stand ... I really completely cracked on this guitar, its sound, its comfort, its mouth ... It did not become my number one, but in my main group, it is an essential part of his soul and even some songs whose riffs twanguy out of them.

I know it is in the absolute face a vintage or custom shop, but for the price amazing, I&#39;ll put a note overall opinion I have put only once (for my number one, of course), ie 10/10. Whatever she feels rather than tapas Sake or hamburgers. It sounds like I wanted, the rest is conjecture. I did upgrade the pickups, but frankly, I could do without! Valeure a safe, it will remain as a reference.

If you are looking for a Tele sounds noisy, grunge or whatnot, I&#39;m not sure whether it is the best choice. If you are looking Telecaster that sounds like Telecasters specialists of this legendary scratch, then this is the best value for money that is unbeatable. This is the second time (only) that I stick a 10/10 to scratching. You hate it or you love literally. For me, it is seen!