[NAMM] Fret King Black Label Series JD
The Fret-King Black Label Series JD guitar will receive its grand unveiling at Winter NAMM 2011 Hall E 1212.
The Fret-King JD will be the first Black Label model, and also the first of a string of models to be released throughout 2011.
Coming in a classic single cutaway shape, the body is alder with an ash veneer top, and is complemented with black binding. A 22-fret maple neck and fingerboard are designed to add slinkiness to the feel of the guitar, and the contrasting black pickguard is there to bring a classy touch to proceedings.
The Black Label JD guitar is powered by two specially designed, custom-wired Wilkinson single coil pickups. The five-way selector switch allows "a multitude of tones, gleaning the best of the classic tones associated with three of the most iconic, benchmark guitar designs into one instrument," according to the company.
- Body: Alder. Ash veneer top
- Binding: Black, plastic
- Neck: Maple, 22 Medium Jumbo frets. Bolt-on
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Pickups & Controls: Two specially-wired Wilkinson single coils. Five-way selector switch. Brass volume and tone pots
- Pickguard/Hardware: Black 3-ply pickguard. Wilkinson bridge and tuners.
For more details, visit JHS.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] TC Electronic Hall of Fame Reverb Hall of Fame Reverb is a collection of reverbs, packed in one pedal designed to handle any situation that calls for a touch (or handfuls) of rich reverberation.
- [NAMM] TC Electronic Flashback Delay & Looper TC Electronic releases the Flashback Delay & Looper effect in its new TonePrint line.
- [NAMM] TC Electronic Vortex Flanger This flanger goes from classic flanger sounds to a 747 taking off, TC Electronic assures.