Manne unveils new Redwing Satin 6
Italy's Manne Guitars keeps extending its Redwing range with new variations of their Telecaster-inspired model.
Described as "the result of the application of Manne’s ideas into a traditional and classic looking instruments", the Redwing series claims to bring new modern features in terms of playability and performance to a classic design. It features the brand's exclusive neck/body joint system (which reportedly allows the neck to be installed very near the body edge without the need of a heel, giving a great access and a solid connection), with the shape of the body favoring upper fret accessibility thanks to a sleek profile.
All Redwing models are available with the brand's own AlnicoV vintage pick-ups or Manneblade minihumbuckers, controlled by 2push/pull pots for series/parallel connections.
Common features include:
- 22 (6110 Dunlop) jumbo frets.
- 647,7mm scale (25,5″).
- 400mm fretboard radius (15,75″).
- Nut width: 43mm (1″11/16)
- String spacing at bridge: W:10,8mm; F:10,6mm
- Thin “F resin” fretboard which is said to give a precise attack without dead notes
- Two-way working truss-rod steel bar.
- Hardened multi laminated neck, made up with 0,8mm. thick wood plies.
- Asymmetrical (helicoidal) neck shape.
- Satin finish on body and satin finish on the neck or hi-gloss finish for the specified models.
- Nickel plated Steel wound Manne strings.
- Tilted back headstock, one piece with the neck.
- Natural or see-through color available.
- Manne pickups.
- All wrenches and tools included with instruction notes on basic adjustment.
Manne's Redwing guitars are available in Satin Special (satin with top), Satin (satin), Gloss Special (hi-gloss with top), Gloss (hi-gloss). More details at the brand's website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best brands for acoustic folk guitars Today is the turn to list the top brands for acoustic guitars. Indeed, after having done the same with electric guitars, we decided to let acoustic guitar players express their opinion.
- The top high-end hardware modeling amps for guitar After the war of the DAWs and electric guitars, now is the turn of high-end amp emulators! Once again we asked our French community to share with us their preferences regarding high-end amp emulators. We intentionally reduced the list to the most important and reputed options on the market.
- The top entry-level modeling combos for guitar Whether you're just starting out with the guitar or you're simply looking for an affordable and practical tool, modeling combos are an attractive alternative to amplify your instrument. All major brands have their own models and the offer is huge, so it's not easy to choose one! That's why we asked our French community to vote for their favorites and, as usual, we decided to share the results with you. Our selection includes popular models that are still available for sale. Don't hesitate adding to this list by contributing in the comments!