Vintage TC200

All user reviews for the Vintage TC200

TLC-Shaped Guitar from Vintage .

• Audiofanzine FRAudiofanzine FR

Vintage TC200Published on 12/09/08 at 14:26
    (Originally written by domdress/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
    Very pleasant and wide 22-fret maple neck for long hands like mine.

The neck is very pleasant with the typical Telecaster upper frets access. The guitar is rather light compared to original models. The sound is surprisingly good for a guitar in this price range.

It sounds perfect with my Peavey Classic 30 tube amp and doesn't have anything to envy its Fender sisters. Only the head looks different!

(Originally written by domdress/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
    Very pleasant and wide 22-fret maple neck for long hands like mine.

I've owned it for three months and I'm fully satisfied with the studio recordings I've made with it. It offers an excellent value for money and I would buy it again without any hesitation since having the Fender or Gibson logo on your guitar is not enough to have a super sound. The quality of the manufacturing and the pickups surprised me. Below yo can find a brief explanation of why this guitar is so good:

The British brand VINTAGE WILKINSON was born from the partnership between TREVOR WILKINSON (famous for his work with Leo Fender) and JHS. In the beginning, their goal was to make copies of famous guitars at affordable prices. Since every Fender copy must have a different head design, the TC2000 head is a mix between the original Tele and Strat designs. All other features are the same as on an original Tele.

Wood and manufacturing quality is surprisingly good. This guitar has a perfect poplar body (lighter and less expensive than alder or ash so they can keep prices down).