Dr. Z Maz 8 Amp
Based on the modern day classic Maz 18 platform, the Maz 8 is a 8-watt amp.
The single EL84 output section can be run in Pentode or Triode mode. In Pentode mode you get the sonic signature of the Maz 18. Dr. Z says the pentode setting gives you pdynamic range for clean country picking to grinding riff rock bliss that can be taken a step further with footswitchable EQ bypass function that gives you a gain boost. The Maz 8 takes on a different dialect in triode mode with more of a vintage feel and sound. In triode, the volume level drops back and the tone fattens up. Dr. Z says kicking on the EQ bypass in triode mode is well-voiced for slide guitar.
The front panel features Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, Reverb, Master, and Cut, which is described as a Tone control for the output section. The back panel features a 4, 8, and 16 ohm speaker out. An effects loop and EQ bypass are standard. The back panel also has the pentode/triode switch. The Maz 8 is available as a head, 2x10, and 1x12 combo. The 1x12 comes standard with a Celestion Blue speaker, and is available in a new smaller 1x12 Studio combo cab or the standard size 1x12.
- Power Output: 8 Watts
- Tubes: 1 EL84, 4 12AX7s, 1 12AT7, 1 GZ34
- Controls: Volume, Treble, Mid, Bass, Cut, Reverb, Volume, Pentode/Triode switch
- Configurations: Head, 1x12 Studio Combo, 1x12 Standard combo, 2x10 Combo
For more information: Dr. Z
Viewers of this article also read...
- Way Huge Ring Worm Modulator The Ringworm is an analogue modulator based on old school synth technology, with a newly designed circuit.
- MOD Kits DIY: The Inducer The Inducer is a Limited Edition tube distortion pedal kit designed around a New-Old-Stock 6189W JAN (Joint Army Navy) Philips vacuum tube.
- Korg Announces Fall Rebates Korg USA has announced a new fall rebate promotion on some of their models.