Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Gary Millhollon Gary Millhollon

« Good amp and if you tweak it a bit---it's a great amp »

Published on 06/26/20 at 18:02
Value For Money : Correct
Audience: Anyone
I have a soul/blues band and a country/oldies band. I have many amps (Supro, Peavey, Fender, vintage gibbes, etc). When I bought it, I soon figured out it had a lousy speaker. I swapped it out for a Eminence Swamp thing---great improvement. a couple of weeks later I experimented and found out that an Ay7 in the first pre-amp position (vs the AX7) gave it a much smoother and more vintage sound. Since then, this amp has been one of my regulars go-tos. It takes effects well, it's very responsive, and it is plenty powerful enough for any gig. The only negative is the 45 pound weight and the speaker (however, I've noticed that in the newer ones, Fender has replaced the spkr they used originally with an Eminence, so they probably figured out the problem. If you buy a new one, that problem is likely resolved.) I'd recommend this amp as a very good one for a gigging musician, but find one used if you can. the original speaker gave them a bad rap. If you can buy one cheaper like I did and replace the speaker (about $100) you've got a great amp. -- Gator www.rayreedandgator.com