JMI Amplification JMI 30/6
JMI Amplification JMI 30/6
phoenix440 phoenix440

«  JMI / Vox AC30 / 6 »

Publié le 06/23/10 à 09:33
All-tube amp from 1961 or 1964, I do not know.

VOX everything is marked, and on the back it says JMI.

It is a JMI AC30 / 6 (because 6 entries), Top Boost.

He stalks the girl on the sides to allow them to fix the walls of amplifiers (not present on the reissues).

It is in poor condition (torn tissue, there is a tower that has been done to put a microphone I think Tolex ripped).
The circuit is him in very good condition. Originally, there is just a capacitor which has been changed by a service in its review (he had a concern when I recovered). A system of distortion has also been installed to do cruncher before it thoroughly (and deactivated easily Dessoude).

Welded point by point, I think handmade, all components are "Made in British".

The loudspeakers are VOX (silver alnico I think I'm not sure), in good condition.

I recovered with lamps and Dario MINIWATT Brimar (who lived surment, but not yet found the money to change everything).
There is also a lamp rectifier (GZ34).

Recovered in a barn, I was sold 30 € (yes ...) by someone who did not know what it was. I have no idea of ​​his past, I just know he is still very long without being used in a farm barn.

Simple, 3 channels (or one branch is chosen), 2 inputs per channel (low and high I think).

Attention has put on 225 volts for France

Then we turn it up and play.

Attention, it heats hugely (small vents inssuffisantes).

Very good for blues - rock - hard rock.

You have to push the volume to feel the trick. Very difficult to use, you have to play in a big room where we can not disturb anyone.
This amp is very powerful, it's maddening.

I play an Epiphone Les Paul Slash (micro seymour duncan).

Playing outside in the countryside, with only two lamps amplification (ie 15 watts), a neighbor yelled to 300 meters after 5 minutes.

Obviously the sound is there.

I recently (at least functional), I keep it obviously is a little treasure

I leave my email in case someone wants information: phoenix440 at hotmail dot com