< Tous les avis Peavey Delta Blues 115

Tube Combo Guitar Amp from Peavey belonging to the Classic series

MGR/Anonymous MGR/Anonymous

« Peavey Delta Blues »

Published on 07/31/01 at 15:00
I did not get one of these only because I did not have the money at the time. I heard the Peavy Delta Blues with a 15 inch speaker played A/B next to the Peavy 30 and 50's with 10's and 12's.

I liked the sound, price, and great value.
This amp was richer and more robust in sound compared to these other amps. It made the Peavy's with 12's sound weak. This is a good all round blues, jazz, country amp. It had a special made Peavy Sheffield 15 inch speaker with reverb. It also had a gain control and smooth well sounding breakup or beautiful clean's depending on how you set the controls. I really loved the Tweed look on it also. I do beleave it came in black. If one really looks around it can be purchased for $350 which is a fabulous price for the sound you get. I also is a full tube amp.I purchased a fender stereo chorus that was a good price for a used amp. While I love the chorus sound I miss the deep, vibrant tones of the Peavy Delta Blues.

I purchased a fender stereo chorus that was a good price for a used amp. While I love the chorus sound I miss the deep, vibrant tones of the Peavy Delta Blues. If there is anything I don't like about it is that being a tube amp you have to let it warm up and take more precautions than with a Solid State like I own. And the fact I do not own one. I now have to get some better speakers to even get close to the sound of this little amp.

Construction appeared very good. The sound was awsome. It is rich, vibrant, very clean or smooth breakup depending on the settings. i.e. gain control.
Reverb is good.

I would fully recommend this amp for anyone playing jazz, blues, or country. It is small enough to carry and a good value at $350 ( you will have to search around) I found one at this price at a nice little music shop in Weatherford Texas just west of Ft. Worth. I am in no way affiliated with Peavy or this music shop.This is a very honest objective opinion.
Gary