Agrandir
Randall RD1C

Tube Combo Guitar Amp from Randall belonging to the Diavlo series.

CautionHot CautionHot

«  The amp metal for low volume »

Publié le 05/08/14 à 02:33
Watt, 3 tubes (2 12AX7, 12AU7 1). Not much as buttons, volume gain tone and a switch changing the EQ. It has an effects loop and you know plug in an external cab.

Very simple configuration with three knobs .. Hard to go wrong. I have not read the manual for something as intuitive thing. The sound is right there.

So this is his strong point. SOUND! Often small amps have skinny and frankly sounds here .. Nothing to do! I was quite surprised developed low due to the small craft .. The sounds are very simply "metal". A real tube sound, we know grow without fear (volume at 14h during the test). Tested with a Washburn Parallax (lp style, emg)

Tried on a whole afternoon. Usually I write my review after more experience to try in good conditions, but it was useless here (3 knobs ..).

What I like: A true sound .. its full of harmonics and many organic metal (meaning good coloring tubes). Size too; it is small and sounds like a great one!

What I do not like: A little expensive (200 €) .. A beginner will be quicker to turn to a Fender Mustang and others. BUT the sound is really not comparable.