Supro recreates one of the most legendary amp models in the history of rock&roll: the Black Magick.
This all-tube, high-gain blues machine harkens back to the dimensions, cosmetics and circuitry of the Supro amps from 1959 – just like the one loaned by Jimmy Page to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum. In tribute to this legendary and extensively modified Supro combo, Supro based this new version on the actual cabinet dimensions from a '59 Supro 2×10, replacing the baffle with a 1×12, and arming this 25-watt combo with a custom, British voiced speaker specially developed for the Black Magick amp.
The preamp found in the Black Magick features two channels wired in parallel, with independent volume controls and a single, shared tone control. The vintage-correct front-end topology of the original 1959 Supro combos has been streamlined in the Black Magick, with automatic linking of channels 1&2 when using only the first input jack. This flexible arrangement provides double the gain when used with one instrument and also allows for two instruments to share the same Black Magick or for the use of an A/B/Y box to achieve channel-switching on the fly.
With more gain on tap than any other Supro reissue, the Black Magick is said to shine especially in heavy blues and classic rock guitar styles. This amp’s traditional, cathode-biased “Class-A” power section uses a pair of 6973 tubes to achieve the instantly recognizable midrange grind and phenomenal touch dynamics that define the Supro sound. A complete range of tones from warm cleans to heavy distortion can be accessed by simply adjusting the volume knob on your instrument, while the signature Supro power tube tremolo adds footswitchable depth and dimension.
- Vintage Supro Cosmetics and Circuitry
- Two channels with Parallel Link and shared tone control
- Output Tube Tremolo with footswitch jack
- 25 Watts Cathode-Bias “Class-A” Power Amp
- 1×12 Custom Voiced Supro BD12 speaker
- 2×6973 power tubes
- Gold Faceplate
- Black Rhino Hide Tolex
- Assembled in NY, USA
Pre-orders are being taken now at a price of $1,499 for a March, 2016 delivery.
More details to come at Supro’s website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.