[NAMM] Vox TB35C1 & TB35C2
In collaboration with American boutique amp designer Tony Bruno (not me, the OTHER one) Vox has come up with the TB35C1 and TB35C2 guitar amplifiers, featuring an all-tube design.
- Vintage American tube voicing
- All-tube design
- Tube reverb
- Spring reverb tank
- Macho mode with footswitch control
- Bass Boost
- Master Volume bypass switch
- Birch-ply cabinet construction
- Celestion G12-65 speaker(s)
- Custom made transformers
- 12AX7/ECC83 (x 3) preamp tubes
- 12AT7 (x 1) + 12AX7 (x 1) reverb tubes
- 6V6 (x 4) power tubes
- 35W RMS
- Footswitch included
- Dust cover
Despite their British Vox pedigree, the TB35C1 and TB35C2 amplifiers are said to have a decidedly American feel, thanks to Tony's influence and design. The all-tube chassis features a quartet of 6V6 power tubes, known for ''their smooth and clean high end, creamy mids, big bass, and for their rich "breakup" when overdriven.''
The preamp stage is driven by three 12AX7 preamp tubes, plus an additional 12AX7 paired with a 12AT7 tube to drive the reverb unit.
The single-channel preamp offers both High and Low level inputs, as well as Volume, Bass, Middle, and Treble controls. External speaker jacks and extension cabinet jacks are standard equipment on both models. The TB35C1 and TB35C2 are equipped with Celestion G12-65 loudspeakers, all mounted into birch-ply cabinets.
Pricing & Availability
Availability: March 2011
For more info, visit Vox.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Vox Night Train 50 The Night Train 50 is an all-tube head offering two channels for traditional and high-gain sounds.
- [NAMM] Budda MN-100 & MN-412 Available Budda Amplification announces the availability of the Budda MN-100 and MN-412, a three-channel tube guitar amplifier head and 4x12 enclosure, featuring a custom Italian leather exterior by footwear designer Mark Nason.
- [NAMM' Taylor Doyle Deluxe Guitar Taylor Guitars clinician Doyle Dykes unveils the Doyle Deluxe (DDX) guitar.