Blackstar Amplification HT-5H
Blackstar Amplification HT-5H
Le Taz Le Taz
Published on 02/04/09 at 01:41
Amp lamps 5w + 1xECC83 1x12BH7. Rendering out to be equivalent or superior to that of a 40W transistor.
2 channels (clean / overdrive)
Clean: volume
OD: volume & gain
Common 3-band eq ISF
Headphone output with HP emulation (1 * 4 * 12 or 12)
Fx loop
Footswitch included
Connections speakers: 1x8, 1x16 or 2x16 ohms
Build quality very neat

The downside for the footswitch cable whose length is just ridiculous.

HT5 design comes directly from the now famous Blackstar pedals. This is not a dual VAT, but rather a "super drive HT", equipped with a true eq, gain much more important and a clean channel. It is of course, in this case, thought of as not as preamp pedal.

12BH7 the lamp is normally used in stereo. The choice decet funny lamp power must be that Blackstar wanted to achieve miniaturization of a two-channel 100W stacks. Opposite approach of 5W-channel, which is logical. It keeps most of the sound characteristics, even pushing the beast, and suddenly it works equally well with reduced volume.

The beast is light enough to send a repeat (or transplanted on stage), even with a drummer "tough".

I did not buy the speakers proposed because the videos on the net, and the opinions of the owners of the combo, suggest that this is not the top at all (or shrill screaming). You can fold in the same budget, a Framus cabinet for example.

Personally, I plugue in a 4x12 Marshall JCM 800 and a Framus 2x12 CS, all mounted celestion 12gt65 (not to be confused with the gt75). The hp cherished Robben Ford.

Important: do not trust her immediately, I feel that the amp is not "run in", ie, it must be run 2 / 3 hours and get an opinion later. Finally, if you&#39;re in a cold, please warm it before playing. It shows me more than other amps, but it really does sound better when hot.

Clean very very nice, especially when you start to thrust into the towers, there is a slight crunch, very musical, which also depend on the output level of the guitar. With eptite TS9, we ventured on a flat strip of BB King or Robben Ford. Do not wait as long fender sound is more raw and less flattering. Personally, I prefer the texture of this channel with the ISF to 10.

The OD: the saturation rate is significantly higher than the od of HT HT or dual drive. You can type in the metal, but it&#39;s still an overdrive and not a distortion. The saturated fat but is still accurate, it is a little less invaded by harmonics with the pedals, but they fall under the fingers easily. In "English" (ISF 10), it is rather in the classic rock with a little less saturated, but also a slight difference in volume. The grain is surly. In "US" (ISF of 0), it increases in thickness, the sound is fuller, less aggressive, yet more saturated. I have a preference for the TFR of 3. Ideal for soloists, large saturated modern blues (ZZ Top) to heavy. We are in a register "medium expressive singing" on Satch, Jeff Beck, etc.. Everything will depend on the degree of saturation then.

The ISF is very effective, but may be less drastic than on the pedals. However its setting is very important for the type of grain even if you stay in the blackstar. Similarly, setting the ISF will be interesting combined with a good EQ setting.

I would put 9 because I wish to clean deu switched to 10 in the isf saturated with the ISF to 3.

Here I have one month this machine, and I&#39;m delighted. It is convenient and music and allows me to juggle the styles that I practice. As lead guitarist, I&#39;m glad I finally found a quality alternative to my jcm 800, to obtain a good saturation, singing with a sound whose characteristics are not "exaggerated", as in most productions current, including Marshall.

Saturated side, it is somewhere between an overdrive and distortion, warm, singing, but not stiff or supercharged. Exactly what I was looking for. The clean is very nice. I knew better, but this is obviously not to be sought first in a 2 channel. :-)

I had a bunch of gear, sometimes very expensive: JVM 100 212 Rivera, Brunetti Star-T-Rack, Engl (thunder, classic 50, Powerball), Peavey Classic 30 and Delta Blues 15, Fender Blues Junior .. . Frankly, if we get no say its "authentic" as my JCM800 2210 (the best) or Brunetti is a nice alternative to amplifiers "terminator" is exclusively dedicated to metal or blues, etc.. And personally, it is the only grain with me "fatigue" not the ear.

So for me, it&#39;s a no-fault, and that&#39;s an understatement to say that I look forward to the release of Latet 100w series one ...

As for value for money ... it&#39;s just amazing (and disturbing ...)

EDIT 7 months later ...
Always happy! The guys stare at me when I say that I come again with a 5w, then ask me what it is that mark out ... Over time, I would say it blends better with my Framus with my old Marshall 4 * 12, and needs to be pushed into the towers for that.