Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Egnater Tourmaster 4100

Tube Guitar Amp Head from Egnater belonging to the Tourmaster series.

Jp6l6 Jp6l6

«  A versatile and well juggernaut. »

Published on 02/20/14 at 19:33
Guitar amp blade:
6L6/6L6GC/5881/KT66 4 *, 8 * 12AX7.
4 completely independent channels with volume, shape, treble, mid, bass, gain, modern / standard, each individually adjustable 100, 50, 25 or 10 watts.
Two effects loops adjustable output adjustable recording, master volume, presence and reverb density. Crank.
The bias adjustment is to the rear, you could not dream more convenient.
And There's More ...

I have not read the manual that came, I easily got good sound because the configuration allows for intuitive use.
I saw that there are proposals settings on the Egnater site for sounds silver face, tweed, Bluesbreaker JTM45, JCM800 and still others, including most modern, but as I have neither dedicated cabs, I do not have served as the basis for my report is necessarily different and involves finding my own settings. What matters is that it works well.

It is perfect for my style of music: jazz, blues, blues - rock, hard rock, country rock ... I do not think it is suitable for metalheads, but with a dedicated pedal but I do not care, it does not concern me.
It is 3:46 ET I just stop playing: the association of power settings per channel, per channel volume and master volume works well and allows the amp sound great at low volume, I am pleasantly surprised by the sound quality in this situation. When I think of a small Fender Hot Rod Deluxe ...
A level of repeats and is also very good ... Believe me.
I get the sounds I imagine easily with simple Fender type P90 and humbuckers. The advertised range is there and I particularly appreciate. I am amazed how the voicing of each channel is successful, especially as the dynamics is the image of the amp: Huge. This allows me to play as if I had four different amp by driving to the touch and with pots of my guitars.
It takes pedals very well. Another nice point there is very little breath when the volume and earnings are generously rises.
Initially, I used with HP WGS ET-65 is not bad but the gear requires a little more clarity in the midrange. I tried two other models that fit perfectly, one as the other. The Jensen Jet Tornado, lightweight handy to get a cab (TT) very light, as compensation for the head. I found a tonal color alnico, indescribable with words. The second WGS Retro 30, the price (€ 79) should please everyone is a speaker less light but who, like me, is not known to the Celestion Vintage 30 defects or those WGS Veteran 30 V 30 somehow this WGS Retro 30 represents what is expected in the light of name Vintage. The bass is tight and accurate, mediums, very clear, have a nice presence without the famous and painful ice pick. Treble, bright, bring in saturations that English speakers call dick, namely teeth necessary to render typical English distos.

It is here that I will remove two points: the weight and size! The head weighs 30kg and is huge. It is of course essential for all works well. Can assign a different power to each channel requires a lot of relays and power elephantine probably weighs half. I'm not surprised since I had tried before buying but still, I've never seen such a volume head. Apart from that, the ergonomics are well thought out. I for 3 months.
I try all the time amps, it's a pleasure. What really surprises me here is the value for money, just incredible. I found new at MUSIC STORE to € 1,064 as I've seen on some sites around 1600, price still seems to me justified in light of the plethora of qualities, even if the building is Asian. A RIVERA KR100 which had cost me in 2500 now seems less handy at the time (except in weight and dimensions). Another thing to note: all the settings are useful and progressive. If EGNATER not had to stop production, I would do the same choice, certainly.