Marshall 1959 JMP Super Lead [1967-1981]
Marshall 1959 JMP Super Lead [1967-1981]

Tube Guitar Amp Head from Marshall belonging to the JMP series.

-Livingroom- -Livingroom-

«  At the height of his reputation! »

Published on 11/08/13 at 05:46
100 watts all-tube amp, jack connectors (input and output). We're on the basic 2 volumes that correspond to the two inputs, NO MASTER (which is its main asset and default at a time), bass medium treble presence, and that's all! It lacks a master rajoutable by any good craftsman lamps and electronics, and a loop of any effect.

Mine has a line out, but it was not very useful.

No manual or so since 1974 I have had the time to lose :) With 6 buttons on the front, there is no need to leave saint cyr to make it work properly anyway.

The sound is easy to find, hard to refine, as in all great amps. The clean is great for a Marshall, who is not known for it at the base.

I put him 9 because it is very distinctive, but it's also fascinating.

Given my game mediums are present, but at low volumes they are manageable in the mix (my ears say thank you!)

This is the sound marshall with a Proco rat's ass is biting, it gnacque.

The highs are not the most beautiful in the world, so in the studio I a couple Ampeg vt4 brings crunch and beautiful treble perfectly straight!

I play with a Jazzmaster, the les paul and a strat for clean sounds.

I use it for six months, I also have a jcm 800, which has the same circuit but a master and not the same hp, so its not the same. So I know the marshall.

I love its sound and its ability to adapt to your hardware (hp, guitar, effects), with black shadow sounds modern carefree!

I do not like the volume it may relieve the ears is important, beware! If you ask a master, ask for a post-master stage!

Having two marshall, not the choice I would do, but if it was to be my first purchase, yes I would!