[NAMM] Marshall introduces Mini Jubilee amps
Marshall has introduces the 2525 Mini Jubilee head and combo, inspired by the brand's JCM Silver Jubilee model.
Initially released in 1987, the JCM Silver Jubilee series amps commemorated both the 25th anniversary of Marshall and the 50 years of Jim Marshall being in the music business. The new and more compact 2525H ‘small box’ head and 2525C 1 x 12” combo combine Silver Jubilee preamp features and styling in a lower power, ‘mini’ design, featuring preamp circuitry taken from original 2555 Silver Jubilee diagrams.
The 20 Watt 2525 Mini Jubilee is was designed, engineered and built at the Marshall factory in Bletchley, England. Like the original Jubilee Series amplifiers, it features: Bass, Middle & Treble tone stack, Presence, Output Master (footswitch/pull channel), Lead Master and Input Gain (pull rhythm clip), with an ECC83 & EL34 valve set. The 2525C combo is additionally loaded with a single 12” Celestion G12M–25 Greenback speaker.
This contemporary ‘mini’ take on the Jubilee Series also features High/Low output switching (20 Watt to 5 Watt), and independent 4/8/16 Ohm extension speaker outputs.
In a nutshell, features include:
- Classic Silver Jubilee preamp function and tone
- High/Low Power switching (20 Watt to 5 Watt)
- FX Loop
- ECC83 & EL34 valve set
- 4/8/16 Ohm speaker outputs
- Channel footswitch included
- Made in Bletchley, England
- Dimensions/weight: 510 x 232 x 220mm for 10kg (head)/490 x 475 x 280mm and 19kg (combo version)
More details at Marshall's website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] DigiTech Trio+ Band Creator + Looper DigiTech introduces the Trio+ Band Creator+Looper, an easy-to-use guitar pedal that automatically generates bass and drum parts that match your song.
- [NAMM] Orange Amplification Unveil Pedal Duo After the Bax Bangeetar released last year, Orange introduce two new pedals: the Amp Detonator Buffered AB-Y and the Two Stroke Boost EQ.
- [NAMM] Boss presents ES-5 Effects Switching system Boss has announced the ES-5, an effects switching system with advanced features in a compact size for smaller pedalboards.