Behringer Tube Ultragain MIC200
Behringer Tube Ultragain MIC200

Tube Pre-amp from Behringer belonging to the Ultragain series.

froidurematinale froidurematinale
Publié le 03/14/10 à 10:06
Transistor preamp with a small colored light, the famed 12AX7
Model not rack, square format
Selector "grain" with or without lamp, eq fixed
Phase reverse, phantom power, pad and low cut
Small LED VU meter
Input: XLR or Jack 6.35
Output: XLR AND / OR Jack 6.35

Very simple configuration, large knobs specifically adjustable (fortunately, see next §)
Manual very clear to the uninitiated, useless for others!

I do not like the sound reproduced, cold, dull and rough. I do not feel the "warmth" of the lamp. Moreover, how a pre-amp powered 12V can operate a lamp that requires anode voltage of over 200V (unless you go through a booster circuit voltage, which will bring noise, blast and deterioration of the signal)? ?

I said happily as knobs can be set precisely, because I have big problems to breath. I was able to optimize the signal noise by looking for a specific position. The output volume knob varies greatly around the 15% of its course, and there begins a nasty breath ...

I recommend the equipment connected to the inputs low.

Finally, the rotary switch for selecting eq causing serious Plops between two contacts, which, when amplified, are a threat to the hardware and ears ...

I was using my microphone input sax active search for a small stain that I never really achieved, apart from a stray breath!

I tested other preamp rack of Behringer. Some are better, but nothing more.

The big minus: the breath

Value for money?
- I'm not satisfied, so it's always too expensive for the quality achieved!

With the experience I would buy anything but that.