Tube-Tech MP 2A valve mic preamp
Tube-Tech doubles the MP 1A with the MP 2A all-tube dual microphone preamplifier and DI that will be available in september.
The Tube-Tech MP 2A retains the concept of the MP 1A but expands it with new features.
You'll find on the 19" rack module an impedance switch that will adapt to the different microphone sensitivities (ribbon mics included) and also can change the tone of the MP 2A.
- Gain: +20dB to +70dB by 2dB increments
- -20dB pad placed before the input transformer
- +48V phantom power
- Clipping meter
- Microphone input impedance switch: 600, 1200 or 2400 Ohms
- CMRR > 60Hz @ 10kHz
- Instrument direct input (jack)
- DI input impedance > 1M Ohms
- Frequency response: 5Hz - 60kHz (-3dB)
- Typical noise level: 5dB @ 200 Ohms
The Tube-Tech MP 2A will be available in september for the EU public price of 3690€ incl. VAT. See the details on www.tube-tech.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.