[Musikmesse] ProTools Express with Avid Mbox
Avid announced that its portable Mbox and Mbox Mini audio interfaces now come with Pro Tools Express software.
These offerings are in addition to the current Pro Tools + Mbox bundles offered for the three Mbox designs. With Pro Tools Express, customers can record, edit, and mix up to 16 stereo audio tracks—in addition to virtual instrument and MIDI tracks.
Pro Tools Express Key Features:
- Record and mix up to 16 stereo audio tracks at 96 kHz (Mbox) or 48 kHz (Mbox Mini) resolution
- Compose music with AIR virtual instruments, plus the same MIDI editing and Sibelius notation tools as Pro Tools
- Create mixes with Automatic Delay Compensation and a collection of plug-ins
- Change tempo, timing, pitch, and create harmonies with Elastic Time and Elastic Pitch
- Session file compatibility across all Pro Tools systems
Availability and Pricing:
Mbox (with Pro Tools Express) and Mbox Mini (with Pro Tools Express) are available worldwide for $499 (£399 inc vat,€489) and $299 (£239 inc vat,€295) USMSRP, respectively. As customers needs and skills grow, they can upgrade from Pro Tools Express to Pro Tools 10 for just $399(£310 inc vat,€385).
For complete feature specifications, see the Pro Tools Software Comparison page.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] New Korg microKEY Models Korg expands its microKEY USB Powered Keyboard and MIDI Controller family.
- Ableton Hip Hop Drums Ableton presents Hip Hop Drums, a collection of loops, samples and effects inspired by classic hip hop breaks and one-shots.
- [Musikmesse] Vox JamVox III VOX Amplification announces JamVox III.