Edirol UA-4FX
Edirol UA-4FX

USB audio interface from Edirol belonging to the UA series.

chtibreton chtibreton

«  practice, even if it's not a Rolls-Edi ... »

Published on 05/05/12 at 18:52
Value For Money : Poor
Hello!
This card is a good "mule" to do everything except coffee. I have an early version, and it should not be 24/96 recording, but that does not bother me (I record in 16/44 or 24/44, this is enough for my esgourdes; never update since the purchase in 2006/2007 (known more!) and still operational. The sound is clean: I plug a boss or my alesis fusion DR RCA rear, a skyscraper in frontage (the hair!) in jack (or jack in tt1: ho hum!) but not both, must choose, one rode an M3 or on the side AT2020 XLR (activation of the PSU fantom impractical below: micro switch); there, nothing to say, it's happiness. I avoid using the tube simulator very "blah" and not convincing at all! integrated effects are pretty gadgets (cancelor voice that has the name, but that's not why I bought it, correct reverb, especially for the price, but a little tatouillant you do get a good guitar sound (a preamble Fishman prefix on custom cort, a marvel, and a otherwise, the Takamine "Cooltube" or voix.En fact, with good "sources" as input, it does very good job, especially for its price therefore. front headphone practice.

Very stable drivers (Win XP SP3 32Bit 2ghz proc and 2 gig ram) (Zero problem if we know a little control), cubase essentiel4, latency inaudible to 44 (in 96 I do not know what it is and those which make the qualitative difference of taking his sound to the ear aliens!). Output is connected to the Edirol MA7A amplified by RCA. No use in noon (so no opinion on this) but has I / O). Therefore not need a super expensive gear to really have fun with little to spend his time making adjustments that never end (unless sound engineer) and that distract you from the basics: be pleased by the zic. Nothing "super pro" in this choice obviously, but for the price, this card deserves high marks for all how it can serve, practice, without having to take the lead, it is perfectly acquitted of tasks to be asked if such it is not too greedy in number of entries.

GETTING STARTED

has not moved from my desk for the purchase, so no roaming! And the more we abused this type of gear to lug around, it was obviously more likely to have trouble with. (Thank you Lapalisse)

It still works like new, one begins to be old friends of her and me! This is not a love story, but a choice because if we do not need to show off the latest specifications latest fashionable to confuse you quick business case, therefore, no "pipe "although we must admit, it is not very" sexy "! But ... so convenient, that I regret the day she will be silent. As I said above, this is a good mule to do almost anything, and for the price, a pleasure!

Hello ... the AFiens