Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

USB audio interface from Focusrite belonging to the Scarlett series.

Public price: $499 incl. VAT
Bloodysatch Bloodysatch

«  well »

Published on 04/18/14 at 03:09
What motivated my choice, it is primarily the number of inputs and outputs as well as the possibility of the sound card in a rack.

The drivers for the sound card are very stable, never had any problems so far, no crash, nothing.
I use the sound card with Cubase 5 and I use essentially the course scarlett mix control which is very convenient to change the routing in particular.
I can record two tracks simultaneously and read at the same time more than a dozen tracks without problems with latency set to 5ms.

GETTING STARTED

The installation was easy, you just install the various elements in order and everything goes.
To configure it took me no more than 5 minutes to understand how the Scarlett Mix Control (very important with this card) and in front of the card there is almost nothing to do.
I did not have incompatibilities and the manual explains things very well.

I use the card for 8 months and I have not tried other equivalent models before have I just had a little roland quadcapture before.
What I like most is the scarlett mix control software which is really convenient to use and I also like to use the card in "stand alone".
The price / quality ratio seems more than good, I can make high quality recordings for guitar and bass (the recording were used for EP)

With the experience I certainly would do this choice!