Focusrite Scarlett Solo

All user reviews for the Focusrite Scarlett Solo

USB audio interface from Focusrite belonging to the Scarlett series.

( 2.5/5 based on 2 reviews )
1 user review
1 user review
Audience: Anyone
  • Never got it working without crackling sound on Surfacebook I5

Focusrite Scarlett SoloPublié le 07/25/18 à 04:01
    Never got this device working without crackling sound on a Surfacebook I5 Windows 10 Notebook. I updated the drivers but the problem is still there. It seems like the company does not care of windows 10 user.I can not recommend this device on Windows 10. The crackling sound is random and not related to any instrument or volume.
  • An acceptable minimum service

Focusrite Scarlett SoloPublié le 11/11/15 à 07:38
    I use it with Ableton, Soundforge, and as a listening device. Stability is great, the interface can work unnoticed, and yet I set it at minimal latency with an old Core2Duo E6700 PC.

Nothing special with the drivers, they were easy to install and this is it: never heard of them since then.

I never got to use the inputs, but I can say the outputs are transparent, neutral in sound and quite punchy (using KRK8400 and Altec Lansing).

I especially like its big front panel potentiometer which controls the sound level for both the headphone and the rear outputs, its pleasant-to-touch brushed aluminium chassis, its small size which allowed me to put it over my desktop PC tower - which itself is actually under my desk.

For the price, I can't find it any real cons, it does its job way better than many other interfaces in the same price range. I think it's the best you can get under the €100 mark, and I didn't want to pay more for the sound quality of a Yamaha UR22 which includes connectors I have no use for.