M-Audio Audiophile USB
M-Audio Audiophile USB

USB audio interface from M-Audio .

stompboxjon stompboxjon

« Solid Interface.. And Affordable »

Published on 08/29/12 at 23:32
The M Audio Audiophile USB was purchased for 200 dollars which is a decent price point for this interface, its not over priced but not under priced either. It was a perfect interface for my home set up during the few months that I was using it. The sound that it gave me was pretty good, there really isn’t much to argue about with it. I came across the Audiophile after seeing it in computer maize years ago and decided to give it a shot. it’s a really easy connection to your PC via USB and has 2 pairs of line audio inputs RCA and 2 line audio outputs RCA. The Latency is pretty low, but you can still notice it with the naked ear a little bit. But its not enough to be a deal breaker. I think the Audiophile would be perfect for a beginner because its affordable and will still give you something decent you can start with.

I experienced no updates on drivers while using it, and the latency is minimal. I use the Audiophile USB with Cubase the most and it works great. I only record simple 1 tracks at a time and they are mainly vocals.

GETTING STARTED

The price of it is what I liked the most, it was affordable and even when I traded back in to Guitar Center they pretty much gave me back 75 percent of what I paid for it which was great because I held its value. I am happy that I chose to use this interface for a short while when I needed to. The quality of sound was very solid for a 200 dollar interface.