MOTU 896mk3 Hybrid
MOTU 896mk3 Hybrid

896mk3 Hybrid, USB audio interface from MOTU in the 896 series.

Prices starting at $995 Average price: $1,421
stefao69 09/05/2013

MOTU 896mk3 Hybrid : stefao69's user review

«  Very disappointing for 1000 bullets!! »

I need a mobile interface, with 8 and 16 channels of preamp adat for mobile recording and concert. Normally coupled with my 16 digimax it would be the hair! Tested and used in cubase 6.5 mac mini i5, 4 GB of RAM and Xeon quad core pc 2.6 Ghz / 8 GB RAM running W7 Pro 64 Bit.

The drivers are stable in both worlds, the latencies are correct, for the acquisition of 24 simultaneous tracks, on the other hand impossible to clocquée externally with two digimax, and sometimes impossible to have 16 channels of ADAT at the same time !!

GETTING STARTED

Easy installation.
Software integration disappointing, illegible, small quality DSP effects embedded pretty average, the reverb is zero ... compressor and EQs are correct but very difficult to use because of the size of the visual intreface. Not at all ergonomic.

I used about 6 months, I work sound for almost 20 years, I have a lot of experience in analog as digital, and here I must admit that this is not up to par, especially given its price. This card is loud, soft preamps and converters very deaf, I think Steinberg interfaces are more interesting in the same config, or when the metric halo for little more expensive!!
I would not recommend the purchase of this equipment!