MOTU MicroBook II
MOTU MicroBook II

USB audio interface from MOTU belonging to the MicroBook series.

Public price: $269 incl. VAT
sw80 sw80

« Use it on the go »

Published on 11/12/12 at 23:39
The MicroBook II is a 4 in and 6 out interface that connects to your computer through a USB cable. It is one of the smaller and more portable interfaces that MOTU makes, it is also one of the more affordable ones as well. This interface is small and simple to understand, you will not need to touch a manual to operate the MicroBook II. It works great on your PC and on your Mac, and will work in any DAW you wish to use it with. I started using this interface off and on this summer and one of the first things that I noticed is how great of a recording you can get with this little interface. I would not use it for anything but rough drafts and demos though just because the preamps are not warm enough for me and the tone is a little colored with this interface.

For this interface to be small and affordable, the latency is gone! You can record whatever you would like to record with this interface latency free. I do recommend using a higher quality microphone with it because of the preamps coloring the sound, using a cheaper microphone will give you some bad quality.

GETTING STARTED

I have experienced 0 compatibility issues when using it with my MacBook and all of the basic functions of this interface are right on the face of it. They are easy to use and understand, the knobs are built well for this interface to be as affordable as it is.

My favorite thing about this interface is that you can take it with you and get a good sound no matter where you are going to use it at. The lease favorite thing about this interface is that you have to use a better than average microphone with it or your tone will have a lot of color to it. Even I am recording a demo on the go I still want a clean sound.