Steinberg CI2+
Pôle Nord Pôle Nord

«  TB value for money »

Publié le 02/28/11 à 14:29
I was looking for a simple audio inteface (2 in / 2 out) that fits easily in my config (PCs, Windows 7, 64bit, Cubase, Guitar). Usage: save my songs on the fly "simply. I was mainly looking for a card with stable drivers, current and properly handling 64-bit Windows 7. I record audio in parallel with my DR880, my expander and singing.

The drivers are stable and up to date. I had to download the latest drivers on the Steinberg site. 0 problem. No known latency

GETTING STARTED

Easy Installation. The doc is didactic. The big +: zero setting, because Cubase 5 (supplied) detects naturally preferred interface and my little box MIDI (Midisport). No need to put your head in the engine and spend hours configuring the beast. The manual is concise and sufficient .. Last big point of satisfaction is the online support provided by Steinberg (email) which is top ... and French. I ask 1-2 questions per week from support and the next day or later I have the clear answer. Very significant.

I use it for 2 weeks after having a Motu Ultralite for 2 years. What I like is the ergonomics (AI Knob). Somewhat atypical in its grip, it is quite playful and intelligent inter-stand with Cubase is a real plus. The value for money, because there Cubase 5 E is pretty good. And for 99 &euro; more you upgrade to Cubase 6. Online support is really appreciated. Finally its ease of installation and updating of drivers confirms my choice. I would repeat the same choice