Tascam US-1641
RomanoFX RomanoFX
Publié le 01/03/10 à 08:38
<strong>What characteristics have motivated your choice?

First, the USB port since I'm working on a laptop. Then, the entries 16 in number, no real competition at this price: 285 euros Thomann

What is your config (Motherboard / CPU / Ram / Disk ,...)?

It is a DELL Studio 1557:

CPU: 1.6 GHz Mobile i7 and turbo boost @ 2.8 GHz
RAM: 4GB at 1333MHz
Motherboard: PM55 Express Chipset Inlcus
HDD: 320GB 7200-rpm
OS: Windows Vista 64-bit and 7

For what purpose?

Intended to make a home studio for my songs, and pre-production for the next cd of my group

With which instruments or systems (console, preamp, DTD ...) and you use the connection with what? ...

For the moment the guitar preamp with a Marshall JMP1 home. Soon a static microphone preamp with a first prize.</strong>

So that is where the worries come.

I can not use ASIO, I have nothing but stalls in SONAR 8 (64 bit) after 2 guitar tracks with AmpliTube VST one above.
Cubase 4 LE, as soon as I put an effect AmpliTube, it cracks.

For the moment, impossible to do anything with ASIO. I did well to update the firmware, but I think (and hope) that it comes from my PC, he left soon to SAV. But strangely, everything works fine in WDM / KS. I will try to elucidate this mystery.

For latency, I let you look at other posts. (And yes ASIO when AC not want ...)

GETTING STARTED

Hassle free installation. For the rest, already explained above

I use it for 2 weeks and I referrer that choice anyway. I consider a very good card as I would not know the source of the problem.
I've used in the past a Line6 Pod Studio GX.

Value for money excellent.