Tascam US-428
ehma ehma
Published on 01/14/04 at 00:53
The box is pretty sduisant has it on, control surface + sound card + midi interface is a strong 32in/32out.
We can do things with.
Dja P400Mhz with 128MB of memory and can be already well advanced, a trial of 1G seems to be the threshold for a minimum of comfort. She seems better now run on Mac and PC (the USB audio is not top on the PC.
A phantom power supply and micro prampli ncessaires see are indispensable.

Installation can be gallre or heaven, sometimes it works sometimes it's heavy on its own.
The first Via chipset seem to be a problem, but the depui versio 2 is OK, for against the ACPI can cause trouble (interruption of the audio stream), but it's all typical USB audio card.

On the Mac, plug in and put yaka drivers.

It can dir the US-428 is a simplicity of thunder, the manual is clear enough (compared to pssibilitsdcrites) and Tascam does not have info on Avard product.

But the Service is of the sort, you've bought dbrouilles you.
on this, I recommend the www.us428.fr.st Manu or find Love on the tascam forum on this site.

For the rating, I put 9 To 5 for Mac and PC 7 so average.

GETTING STARTED

The use can be fantastic as the worst nightmare.
The minimum latency is 12ms, but what price, but 48ms is gnralement usable.
On the Mac, the latency can thoriated go below 8ms.

I use my Cubase VST 5 and I think it's the tendem IDAL, island can do without the mouse for hours.
The control surface is part trs trs well think, oh if the faders had motoriss t (a aurra also cost double).

The hill ranges from 0 9 according to the config and set the time pass bte.
In my case it plutt 9, but I must admit that I had difficulties to get there.

I put 8 Go because I know that sometimes gellrer (unless your on a Mac).

I've had six months, I am very glad.
Hlas the audio is not a USB to PC and my Mac is old. But DS is that it works the best.

I went through a lot of audio hardware, Creative RME and we can say that it is valid, the converter are valid (much better than a SB Audigy).

For the price it's good enough. Obviously if I could afford ....

If c'tait again, I would take just a Mac (j'espre you understand me?).

In résumé is a good product with no real competitor and you can make trs trs own models.

See for yourself