Enlarge
Add this product to
  • My former gear
  • My current gear
  • My wishlist
Tascam US-1800
Images
1/59

Thread My US-1800 isn't working, need help!

• 9 replies
  • 5 participants
  • 5 followers
1 My US-1800 isn't working, need help!
Hello everyone,

My US-1800 seems to have suddenly died even though it's less than a year old. The USB light doesn't stay on (it should, shouldn't it? Maybe not...) and the only audible noise is a strange buzz coming from the headphones/monitors. My laptop says things like 'the device has an overheated USB port - restart or cancel'...none of this makes sense!!

Have any of you had similar issues? I refuse to believe my interface is already fried after less than 1 year and I have a deadline and tons of work to get done. Really need some help....
The light is definitely supposed to stay on.

Have you turned your interface off/on while in your session? Have you tested different USB ports? That's a great interface to start out with, certainly should last more than a year so I wouldn't be surprised if it was, in fact, your computer?

let us know
Tascam US-1800 not working. Need Advice ASAP

Is a topic i found on home recording with almost the same story.
Is it yours?
Others replied on that and a failing usb cable was the isue.
Was this you?
Because if it was fixed why post here?

I personally never hear about an error message like usb overheated but i guess it can run hot due a short circuit in the cables or mainboard.

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...

[ Post last edited on 11/13/2014 at 10:16:31 ]

I tested on a friends computer with the same equipment and it seems to have worked. It's bittersweet, as it would've been cheaper to replace the interface than my computer :(((

I'm headed to the apple store to see if my macbook is out of commission. Fingers crossed.......
Quote from angelie:
Tascam US-1800 not working. Need Advice ASAP

Is a topic i found on home recording with almost the same story.
Is it yours?
Others replied on that and a failing usb cable was the isue.
Was this you?
Because if it was fixed why post here?

I personally never hear about an error message like usb overheated but i guess it can run hot due a short circuit in the cables or mainboard.

Interesting, do you have a link? so their computer and interface and everything was fine, it was a simple wire issue? sounds funny because I always try different cables before starting to blame the hardware. I've learned the hard way that it's always better to rule out the cheap, easily replaceable gear
Here it is maybe it helps you

[ Post last edited on 11/13/2014 at 13:28:19 ]

Ah thanks Angelie! Unfortunately, I tried different cables and it didn't work. After going to the apple store, looks like my USB port is cooked on the inside.....

The good news is I can still use the computer. The bad news is fixing the USB port (according to them) will cost me $200 AKA not far from the price of my interface...

Anyway I'll get over it, just something that'll slow me down but not stop me
Sorry to hear that...

Btw is the usb overheating thing an apple isue?
I never experienced this on Windows.

Even when i plug everything in it what i got ;-)

NEED HELP!!!!! It's been a little over a year since my purchase, but I bought a Tascam US 1800. It's worked really well especially with multi track recording, but for the last couple of days (when ever I try to turn it on) it acts like it wants to turn on, but as soon as the lights kick on they flick off and keep flashing like it wants to turn on but won't. Has anyone had this issue? Does it sounds like a wiring issue? Could this be easy enough to fix by ones self? Is there an inexpensive multi-track recorder/ interface that's bette/ cheaper that worth my time?
Greetings my friends, I have the Tascam us-1800 (Unfortunately I bought it), I work 1 year, I used it little, from one moment to another came the fearsome "green light", there was no connection to USB. I did sent mails to Tascam, for the possible solution "they never answered me", Now I use it as support of my plants (it is an ornament), It does not work .. I will never again buy something from this brand: Tascam. what a disappointment.